Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Terror Is Horrid, But... - by Sheri Oz

...And then along comes something that breaks through my defenses. When I see what could have been my daughter or son-in-law running hunched over with what could have been my granddaughter, protectively held close against them . . . running from the shooter who doesn’t care about their political views. The shooter would take what they are willing to give over and shoot them anyway. But I can’t say anything like that to them.

Sheri Oz..
israeldiaries.com..
12 June '16..







I must have been in shock. Because I only just now broke down and cried. This video finally broke through the protective wall I have around me. And if you watch it, as I hope you will, you will probably understand why it is so powerful.



But truth be told? I think my protective psychological defenses have less to do the with constant backdrop of imminent danger than something else that I find harder to deal with. Yes, the fear of a terrorist attack drones on in the back of my mind like the hum of the air conditioner if it’s running smoothly, or supermarket music if it’s not too loud. It’s noticeable if I pay attention to it but I don’t necessarily have to.

What I find much harder to deal with is the cacophony of voices telling us to appease the Muslims if we want peace. Telling us that some imaginary “occupation” is why Muslims are killing Israelis (and tourists who happen to be around when they go on their killing spree).

(Continue to Full Post)

Updates throughout the day at http://calevbenyefuneh.blogspot.com. If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.Twitter updates at LoveoftheLand as well as our Love of the Land page at Facebook which has additional pieces of interest besides that which is posted on the blog. Also check-out This Ongoing War by Frimet and Arnold Roth. An excellent blog, very important work as well as a big vote to follow our good friend Kay Wilson on Twitter.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment